Best sausage stuffers
I have yet to meet someone that does not like sausages. Pork may not be the healthiest of meats, but it sure is tasty. However, I was always fond of home-made sausages. You can control the amount of fat in the meat, and you know exactly what is in them. Some people, myself included, are a bit skeptical about what manufacturers put in their sausages. Furthermore, home-made sausages do not have as many preservatives in them, which is also good for your health. But do you know what you need to make home-made sausages? A sausage stuffer.
A sausage stuffer is a device, manual or electric, that can help you create home-made sausages. In fact, there is no other way to make them because it is not like you can stuff them by hand. The device is an old concept, but it has suffered several modifications over the years. For one, you can buy an electric sausage stuffer, which makes your task considerably easier.
Why you should invest in the best sausage stuffer?
You may be tempted to ask yourself why you should invest in a sausage stuffer when you can buy sausage from a store. I am not against it, but I always found home-made sausages to be tastier. Thanks to the lack of so many preservatives, the taste feels more ‘real,’ so to speak. It tastes more like meat and less like artificial preservatives. I understand why manufacturers use chemicals. Fresh sausages without any conservatives do not last very long, which is not good for business, but I also understand that food tastes better without artificial enhancements. With that being said, here is why you should buy the best sausage stuffer:
- You can make your own sausages – that is the obvious reasons, but it is worth mentioning again. If you have family recipes, it is a pity to not use them. You can find several recipes online, but there are some secrets that cannot be found on the internet. For example, I learned to make sausages from my grandmother. Over the years, she developed the perfect recipe and the precise amounts of spices. The sausages are delicious, and they taste nothing like the ones I buy from the store.
- You can always enjoy fresh sausages – since home-made sausages do not contain preservatives, they will go bad very quickly. In fact, if you keep chemical-free sausages in the refrigerator, they will go bad in about 13 days. Of course, you can also freeze the sausages, but they will never have the same taste as when they are fresh. A sausage stuffer will help you make small quantities regularly or whenever you are in the mood for them.
- You have the freedom to put everything you want in your sausages – you have to admit that the sausage offer on the market is limited. Manufacturers usually provide what is mostly bought, and not what you want. For example, some people like to put all kinds of exotic spices in their sausages, and while they can be found in stores, they are either hard to find or really expensive. But if you have your own sausage stuffer, you can stuff your sausages with whatever crosses your mind. The point is that you can get creative and maybe create your own recipes. I am sure that the result will be yummy.
While a sausage stuffer is a smart investment, there is also a downside to it. You have to put in some time and effort to make your own sausages. The lever is not always easy to turn, depending on the meat you use. For example, if you buy a manual sausage stuffer and use deer meat, you will have a hard time completing the task. However, there is a solution for that as well. Just buy an electric sausage stuffer, and all your problems will disappear.
How to choose the best sausage stuffer
There are many models online, and selecting one may prove to be a challenging task. That is why you should establish some criteria. That way, you can make sure that you buy exactly what you need. Also, my advice is to never go for a random product. Always read the specifications. Otherwise, you may end up with a cheap, poorly-made sausage stuffer. Below, you will find a list of things you should consider when looking for the best sausage stuffer.
- Manual electric – both devices are valid choices, but it comes down to how much effort you want to put in making your sausages. The electric sausage stuffer may be the obvious choice because making sausages is almost effortless. However, they tend to be more expensive than the manual counterpart. What I like about electric sausage stuffers is that they can be used as meat grinders as well, so they are pretty versatile. Even so, if you do not grind meat too often and you make sausages now and then, an electric sausage stuffer is not worth the investment. You can choose a manual sausage stuffer and call it a day. It is a bit harder to use because it is man-powered, after all, but it is less expensive.
- Construction – while there are plenty of plastic sausage stuffers out there, my recommendation is that you stay away from them. Plastic is not as durable as metal, obviously, and since you need to use a lot of force, there is the danger of being left with the lever in your hand. Trust me. Been there, done that. Pork meat is pretty tender, but if you use game meat, you are going to have a bad time with a plastic sausage stuffer. With a metal sausage stuffer, on the other hand, you cannot fail, no matter what kind of meat you use. A durable stainless steel sausage stuffer is the best choice.
- Cylinder capacity – this refers to how much meat you can fit in the cylinder before doing a refill. This is a matter of preference, to be honest, and you can establish that depending on how many sausages you make in one batch.
- Multiple nozzles – not all sausages have the same thickness, and depending on what kind you want to make, you may need a different nozzle. That is why you should look at the accessories before you buy a particular product.
- Stability – depending on the design, you need to make sure that the sausage stuffer remains steady while in use. If you buy a vertical sausage stuffer, that should not be much of a problem. But if you go for a horizontal sausage stuffer, you need to make sure that the device stays in place while you prepare the sausages. Some models have suction cups, while others can be well fixated at the edge of the counter or table.
What are the best sausage stuffers?
Now that you know what to look for, you can make your decision. Also, you can read some sausage stuffers reviews online to see what other people bought. That way you can make sure you are purchasing the right product. In the meantime, take a look at the products below. Maybe you will like one of them.
Vivo Vertical Sausage Stuffer
The first product that impresses me was the sausage stuffer from Vivo. It is a well-constructed device that will make your task a whole lot easier. Just as the title suggests, it is a vertical sausage stuffer that will help you make fresh sausages almost without effort. Of course, you need to operate the lever, but because it is vertical, that is more comfortable than with the horizontal counterpart.
The Vivo sausage stuffer has a sturdy metal construction. The cylinder is made of durable stainless steel and the spout the same. The metal base is stable, and the crank is easy to handle. The gears and the pistons are also made of strong metal so that you can enjoy this sausage stuffer for a very long time. As for the capacity of the cylinder, this product is available in 3 sizes: 3L, 5L, and 7L. You can choose the one that you think is suitable for you.
As for ease of use, this sausage stuffer will not be an issue. The cylinder tilts back for easy filling. The piston features an air release valve that allows the air to escape. This feature also prevents the stuffer from overheating. The device comes with 4 different nozzles so that you can make different types of sausages. The disassembly is achieved in seconds, and all the components are easy to clean.
SuperBuy GoPlus Stainless Steel Vertical Sausage Stuffer
Another product that I think you will like is the sausage stuffer from Superbuy. You can find this model in several sizes (1.5L, 3L, and 6L.) The device has a high-quality construction that makes it durable in time. You will be able to use it for many years to come.
The Superbuy sausage stuffer comes with 4 sizes of nozzles so that you can prepare sausages in different sizes, according to your preferences. It is effortless to use. The assembly may take some time, but it is pretty easy to swing the handle. Also, you must make sure that it is well fixated in place. The sausage stuffer from Superbuy features a mechanism that allows you to place it at the edge of your kitchen counter or table. Once that is achieved, the device is ultra-steady.
The construction of this sausage stuffer is sturdy. The cylinder is made of durable stainless steel, and the rest of the components are made of aluminum. It will not rust or corrode, which ensures a long lifespan. Once you are done using it, you just disassemble the stuffer for easy cleaning and storage.
STX International Turboforce Electric Meat Grinder and Sausage Stuffer
If you are looking for a sausage stuffer that can handle heavy abuse, then this is the product you are looking for. It is suitable for businesses, as well as for non-commercial users who like to make their sausages on a regular basis. It will make your work effortless because it is electric. You do not have to grind the meat or swing the lever to make your sausages. You just plug it in, place the right accessories, and then push a button. It does not get easier than this.
The STX International device has a powerful 1200-watt motor that can grind between 320 and 360 pounds of meat per hour. It depends on the grinding plate you use, as well as on the meat you wish to grind. It has 3 speeds, high, low, and reverse, and a circuit breaker as a safety measure. The package includes the size 12 polished aluminum grinding head and meat hopper, 3 blades made of durable stainless steel, 3 sizes of grinding plates, 1 sausage stuffing place with 3 sizes of sausage stuffing nozzles, a Kubbe/Kibbe making attachment, and 1 meat stuffer. If you buy this product, you get the whole package.
While this is an excellent meat grinder, thanks to its accessories, you can just as well use it as a sausage stuffer. The fact that it has adjustable speed settings and a large capacity hopper will help you stuff your sausages in no time without effort. I am sure you are going to love it.
All three products are excellent, and they will meet the purpose for which they were created. However, since I am not a big fan of swinging the handle, my personal choice is the STX International Turboforce Electric Meat Grinder and Sausage Stuffer. It is a versatile product that can help you around the kitchen when you prepare multiple kinds of foods. It may be pricier than the other two, but I think it is one of the best sausage stuffers you can buy.
Making sausages entails more than the stuffing part. You must also prepare the meat and spice it, and after you stuff them, they need to be smoked or cooked in other ways you consider best. While the sausage stuffer cannot help you with everything, at least you can effortlessly complete the task. One of the products above will do an excellent job, which is why I recommend you consider purchasing one. Click here to buy on Amazon
- Life, Death, and Sausage Stuffers for Sale
- Want to Know More About Sausage Maker?
- The 5-Minute Rule for Meat Stuffing
- What Every Body Is Saying About Meat Grinder with Sausage Stuffer Is Dead Wrong and Why
- The War Against Electric Sausage Maker
- The Pitfall of Hakka Sausage Stuffer
- Top Stainless Steel Sausage Stuffer Reviews!
- What Everyone Is Saying About Used Sausage Stuffer
- The Start of Sausage Makers
- Hidden Solutions to Meat Grinder and Sausage Stuffer Uncovered
- Brief Article Teaches You the Ins and Outs of Vivo Sausage Stuffer and What You Should Do Today
- Kitchenaid Sausage Maker – the Story
- Whispered Sausage Making Equipment Secrets
- A Guide to Sausage Grinder and Stuffer
- Key Pieces of Lem Stuffer
- The Biggest Myth About Sausage Maker Machine Exposed
- The Number One Article on Best Sausage Maker
- The Battle Over Meat Grinder Sausage Stuffer and How to Win It
- Choosing Good Vertical Sausage Stuffer
- The Most Neglected Fact Regarding Manual Sausage Stuffer Exposed
- The Essentials of Sausage Stuffing Machine That You Can Learn From Beginning Right Away
- What You Must Know About Sausage Making Machine
- What is Really Going on with Sausage Grinder
- Key Pieces of Commercial Sausage Stuffer
- Secrets About Meat Stuffer Exposed
- The Tried and True Method for Sausage Machine in Step by Step Detail
- What to Expect From Kitchenaid Sausage Stuffer?
- The Little-Known Secrets to Sausage Stuffer for Sale
- Top Choices of Best Sausage Stuffer
- The Electric Sausage Stuffer Cover Up
- What’s Truly Going on with Sausage Press
- The Foolproof Sausage Filler Strategy
- Thoughts on Lem Sausage Stuffer in Step by Step Order
- What You Don’t Know About Sausage Stuffing Could Be Costing to More Than You Think
- Details of Sausage Stuffer